CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY OF SJK INNOVATIONS PRIVATE LIMITED
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the way and mean through which corporates can repay the obligations made by the Society by contributing the resources in its various forms as required for the efficient operation of the Business. Corporate Social Responsibility is strongly connected with the principles of sustainability. Organization should make decisions based not only on financial or operational factors, but also on the social and environmental consequences. Therefore, it is the core corporate responsibility of SJK Innovations to practice its corporate values through its commitment to grow in a socially and environmentally responsible way, while meeting the interests of its stakeholders.
2. Objective and Purpose
The key purpose of this Policy is to:
- Outline the development areas in which the Company shall get involved in.
- Define governance structure for CSR management within the Company.
- Serve as a guiding document aiding in identification, execution and monitoring the CSR projects.
- Describe the treatment of surpluses from CSR activities.
3. Alignment with SJK Values
We believe to drive our CSR policy with the same values which directs SJK. Hence, this CSR Policy absorbs SJK’s core values and is aligned in the following manner to its CSR strategy:
- Being Accountable for what we do: SJK considers itself accountable for contributing back in a meaningful way to the society/ Nation.
- Embrace Diversity: SJK believes in embracing diverse views and opinions which lead to a better solution. Accordingly, for execution of its CSR objectives SJK plans to partner, where necessary, with NGOs/ other charitable organizations to meet the CSR objectives.
- Collaborate to Win: Collaborating with other NGOs/ charitable organizations, with footprint/ expertise in areas selected, is a key aspect of SJK’s strategy to make a positive impact in its CSR activities.
CSR Policy is applicable to SJK Innovations Private Limited which are mandated with the CSR expenditure obligations as per Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014, as amended from time to time.
5. Scope of CSR Policy
This Policy applies to all CSR projects that will be undertaken by SJK and shall fulfil all the requirements of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013. SJK shall ensure all these activities are over and above the normal course of business and are in line with Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013. This Policy will be periodically reviewed and updated in line with the relevant codes of legislation and best practices that can be adopted by SJK.
6. Areas to Emphasize
SJK has broadly selected four areas of focus under its CSR activities, as under:/p>
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts
Medical and other Welfare:
- Providing medical relief and rehabilitation to communities who either don’t have access to quality health care or cannot afford it;
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans, setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympics sports and Olympic sports;
- Contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
- Rural development projects;
- Slum area development. Explanation – for the purposes of this item, the term ‘slum area’ shall mean any area declared as such by the Central Government or any State Government or any other competent authority under any law for the time being in force.
Emergencies and Natural Calamities:
- SJK shall provide relief, support, rehabilitation etc. in case of natural calamities, national disasters or emergencies.
7. Undertaking CSR activities
SJK will undertake CSR activities either in partnership with not for profit, registered trusts/ societies/other body corporates who are engaged in activities or programs which fall within the purview of SJK’s CSR Policy and areas of focus, or directly through a trust it may set up in future for the purpose or both.
8. Governance Structure:
A governance structure at SJK is responsible for implementing and administering CSR Policy, in compliance with the requirements of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013. The Board of Directors of the company which is ultimately accountable for the CSR projects undertaken by SJK.
SJK has constituted a CSR Committee at the Board level. The CSR Committee is supported by the CSR Team, comprised of representatives from both these companies.
8.1 CSR Committee
SJK has constituted Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (the “CSR Committee”) in line with Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 (the “Act”). The CSR Committee consists of following members of the Board:
- Mr. Suraj Shantakumar
- Mr. Paras Mehta
- Mr. Nitin Vyas
The CSR Committee of the Board shall be responsible for:
- Review of CSR activities in the Company.
- Formulation of CSR Policy.
- Monitoring of implementation of CSR Policy.
- Recommend to the Board, modifications to CSR Policy as and when required.
- Appraise to the Board the CSR expenditure done during the year.
8.2 CSR Team:
Dedicated CSR team shall be constituted from among the employees at SJK, for implementing the CSR Policy and shall work under the guidance of CSR Committee and will be mainly responsible for:
- Execution of CSR Policy.
- Identify projects and key initiatives pursuant to CSR Policy.
- Facilitating allocation of funds to the projects as identified for CSR activities.
- Monitoring CSR Projects to establish effectiveness of CSR efforts and appraise the same to CSR Committee.
- Compilation of information & preparation of Annual Reports on CSR activities and presenting the same to CSR Committee.
- Any other activity necessary to ensure achievement of CSR objectives.
9. CSR Budget
The total budget for the CSR projects in each financial year will be decided by the CSR Committee in accordance with applicable provisions of the Act and the CSR Rules. The CSR Committee shall propose to distribute the budget among the Areas to Emphasize or such of them as the CSR Committee may deem fit in each financial year, in such proportion and in a manner that meets the objectives of the CSR Policy.
For any reason if the CSR team is not able to follow the allocation agreed on in any of the Areas to Emphasize described above, the same shall be utilized in such other Areas to Emphasize as the CSR team may recommend with the reasons therefor, and the CSR Committee may approve.
10. Implementation Process
10.1 CSR Contributions:
The Company will endeavour to contribute and spend at least 2% of the average net profits of the Company made during the three immediately preceding financial years or such amount as may be recommended by the CSR Committee from time to time in pursuance of this Policy.
10.2 Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting
CSR Team will plan, implement, monitor and manage all CSR projects & activities for SJK and will work closely with the CSR Committees of the Board of the Group companies.
The CSR Team will formulate implementation plans for the projects specifying the following:
- Activities to be undertaken.
- Budgets proposed.
- Time frame for implementation.
- Responsibilities and authorities for implementation.
- Results expected to be achieved post implementation
The CSR Team will monitor the implementation and progress of the approved projects through appropriate mechanisms such as site visits, review meetings and progress reports etc. Mechanisms to track data and monitor projects will be established to ensure the transparency and efficiency of the implementation process. The projects will be evaluated against the milestones defined in the implementation plan of the project.
The CSR Committee of the Board, based on reports presented by the CSR Team, will annually publish report on the CSR projects as a part of the Director’s report. The report will disclose information in the format as prescribed by the Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013. The CSR Committee shall also submit a responsibility statement to the Board that the implementation and monitoring of the CSR Policy is in compliance with the approved CSR Policy of the Company.
The CSR Policy on being approved by the Board shall be displayed on the website of the Company (www.sjkinnovations.in) and any modifications carried out from time to time shall also be updated on the website of the Company respectively.
11. Treatment of Surplus
Any surplus arising out of the CSR activities shall not form part of the business profit of the company and shall be ploughed back into same project or shall be transferred to the Unspent CSR Account and spent in pursuance of CSR policy and annual action plan of the company or transfer such surplus amount to a Fund specified in Schedule VII, within a period of six months of the expiry of the financial year.
No. 105D GN Mills Post, Mettupalayam Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641 029, India